If you happened to catch my post last year about the release of the new Apex Realtime Debugger, then you might also be interested in checking out this demo recording which was made at the recent TrailheaDX conference last month.
The short talk was given by Greg Wester and if you are really just interested in seeing a good demo of the Realtime Debugger, then I suggest you skip the first 5 minutes of the 16 minute recording.
Greg also reveals at the end certain FAQ’s that you might be interested in which include:
- The Debugger only works in the Sandbox and there are no plans to ever have it work in production.
- Licenses are assigned via permission sets and you can only have one instance running per org.
- It does not support asynchronous code. Only synchronous operations.
- You can get a trial of the debugger if you contact your Account Exec.
- This fall they will be doing a pilot with vendors that allows them to step through managed code. This should be of big interest to ISV’s out there.