For any of you certified developers needing to take the Summer 14 Release Exam to maintain your credentials, the following notes, which were taken after watching the Release training videos, should help you to prepare.
Salesforce Chatter Changes
- The new Community Engagement Console gives community managers one place to monitor and manage the community reputation. Administrators can select which of the 5 available dashboards (seen in the image below) are seen on each of the pages within Community Settings in Setup (Setup|Customize|Communities|Settings).
- There are now new report types for reporting on Communities. They are:
- Network Membership Daily Metrics
- Network Activity Daily Metrics
- Network Unique Contributor Daily Metrics
- Network Tenant Usage Entitlement Weekly Metrics
- There is also a new App that will be released soon on the AppExchange called Salesforce Communities Analytics
- The new Reputation Levels and Point Values tabs allows managers to gamify member’s involvement by assigning them points depending on how they contribute. For example, a member can get a certain number of points for writing a post or comment, but even more when someone shares their post. The manager can determine how many points members earn and a certain reputation level that they also define. Administrators enable reputation for communities through Setup|Customize|Communities|Manage Communities.
- Administrators can now enable Chatter access without login through a Communities Miscellaneous Settings, which means that users without a license can still access the Communities Public Groups and Feeds.
Sales Cloud Changes
Price Book Entry Enhancements
- Price book entries are now customizable. They can now create custom fields, validation rules and customize layouts for price books. Access through Setup|Build|Customize|Price Books|Price Book Entries (New item).
- For customers that store and manage products from another system, you can create a custom field on price book entry to store the external id for the pricing record.
- Prior to this release the only way to interact with the price book entry was via multi-line add/edit pages on the Product and Price Book Detail pages.
Opportunity Split Enhancements
- Opportunity Splits are now customizable. These offer a great way to associate credit to multiple sales team members working on a deal.
- Administrators can add custom split types based on Opportunity currency field for Developer, Unlimited and Performance editions.
- There is now a Default New Event Publisher action available in new organizations. Users can now create events from the Home, Chatter, record detail pages and in Salesforce1 without Admin setup.
- Activity date or date and time can be used in validation rules and custom formula fields.
- New Activity Relationship object
- Status and Related To columns in task lists
Salesforce for Outlook Enhancements
- Side panel is now available to all users
- Users can create more records using the Side Panel Publisher
- Refresh token policies can be set to expire after a certain period of time
Service Cloud Changes
Case Feed Enhancements
- The Case feed is no longer fixed and can now be changed. But Admins must enable this through Setup|Customize|Cases|Page Layouts|Case Feed Layout|Edit Feed View.
Salesforce Console for Service Enhancements
- There is a new Related List Component that can be added the to the page layout of any object within the console.
- There is also a new Interaction Log buttons, such as Add Call Data which allows agents to manually select which interaction log a particular call should be associated with. The Clear Log button allows users to clear the log in a single click.
- Users can save the settings of their mutli-components between refreshing screens, logging in and out and changing between tabs.
Live Agent Enhancements
- Agents and customers can now transfer and upload files during a chat
- The Knowledge One widget has replaced the Live Agent article tool, which gives agents better access to articles they can share with customers in one click.
- Admins can now mass delete public reports through Setup|Data Management|Mass Delete Records|Mass Delete Reports.
- They can also enable historical trending for forecasting items using Collaborative fields so you can build reports that highlight forecast changes between up to 5 snapshot dates.
- Can also track historical changes using lookup fields when doing Historical Trending.
- You can now use Salesforce1 on a Blackberry browser on Blackberry Z10 and the Good Access secure mobile browser on Android 4.2 or later and on Apple mobile devices with iOS 7 or later.
- You can now create and access publisher actions even if Chatter is not enabled
- Users can now drill down to reports and record from dashboards and see up to 200 list views
- Until Summer 14, Manage Users was the only way to grant certain user management permissions. But now, there are 8 new permissions under the new Users section (see image).
- Previously the Sharing button was available on all user detail pages where User Sharing is enabled. But now, Admins can enable or disable this button via the User Visibility section of the Sharing Settings page.
Categories: Developer Certification