For any of you certified developers needing to take the Spring 14 Release Exam to maintain your credentials, the following notes should help you to prepare.
What are Enhancements to Reports?
When running a Summary report, users can now do the following:
- Sort the data in a grouping by any summarized field or custom summary formula.
- Freeze the headers at the top or left of a report, so they are seen even as you scroll down in the report. This was already available in Tabular reports, but now is available for summary reports too.
- Hide specific report types from all users
- Remove the footer information from exported reports.
- Enable Historical trending for cases, so users can report on changes to cases over time. This is enabled by going to Setup | Customize | Reports & Dashboards | Historical Trending.
What are Enhancements to Dashboards?
- When adding a filter to a dashboard, users can now group and name dashboard filter values.
- When using table components in a dashboard, users can display fractions as percentages.
- Users no longer need the “View All Data” permission to edit a dashboard.
What is the Salesforce1 Mobile App?
Launched at Dreamforce 13, the app, which has been enabled for all users, allows them to do the following from their mobile devices:
- View, update and create new records
- View their Chatter feeds
- View their Dashboards
- View Events from the mobile calendars they select
- Available on iPhone and iPads using iOS 7 or later and Android 4.1 or later.
- Also available as a downloadable app from both Google Play and the App Store
The Spring release now lets users also do the following:
- Access Salesforce files
- Access Salesforce Communities (which used to be known as Portals)
- The Today feature is now available on Apple iPads
Administrators can control what users are permitted to use specific apps by going to Setup | Manage Apps | Connected Apps.
What is the SalesforceA Mobile App?
This is a simple mobile app JUST for Administrators. It allows them to manage users and perform the following functions:
- Freeze a user
- Deactivate a user
- Unlock a user
- Reset a user’s password
- View and edit a user’s information
- Assign permission sets
It is available on all Apple mobile devices with iOS 6 or later and all Android devices with version 4.2 or later.
Additional things that can be done with the app:
- View when upcoming scheduled maintenance will occur
- View a mobile friendly version of the release notes
- Take a survey about the app that is sent to the product team
- Activate a rocket at the bottom of the home screen that takes you on a quick tour
What is the Data Import Wizard?
- This new tool gives Administrators one simple to use interface for importing different types of data.
- The improved interface makes mapping data much easier and you can review a summary of what you are attempting before you start.
- It will warn you in advance about any potential data validation issues.
- Allows for a drag and drop file upload.
- The wizard can be used by users other than the Administrator. For example, sales users can easily import personal accounts, contacts and leads for themselves.
- Users can import up to 50,000 records at a time, since it uses the Bulk API. However, this means that the process might not be delayed. Users can monitor the progress of the import job from the Bulk Data Load Job page.
Categories: Developer Certification